14 November 2007

In the Category of Inappropriate....

A letter to a very well known grooming empress:

Dear J2,

I hope I'm not being too bold by tracking you down. My name is J, we met at NEPGP. I was toting around a bichon model all weekend and I competed with O's bichon, Tiffany. Thank you for the kudos on my styling. I really tried hard to apply all the things I learned from you. You were very encouraging, which was nice since I didn't place. Thank you. The reason for this email is that I'm looking for private lessons. I would love to learn from you, but I know you're probably too busy, besides which I'm only in Florida once or twice a year. But if you know anyone near Philadelphia who might be interested in taking on an eager and humble student, please pass on my info. I have a difficult time doing this on my own because I can't have a dog right now and I have to depend on my clients for practice. I don't really know anyone in bichons right now except O, who is helping me as much as she can but she is not that near by. I have improved greatly since my first contest last year, and I'm aching for a trophy.

Best Regards,
J

Yes, I did send it. No, she did not reply.

No comments: